Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, September 1, 2008

Fly By



So the kids are now officially a year old, Marcel's back in school, and Olivia has decided she wants to walk now. Now we've known she's been capable of walking for sometime now but she's just decided to knee walk up until just a few days ago. This was only after a weird period of her camping on the couch. She's been able to get on and off of the couch for a while now but for a few days she dicided she didn't want off. It was really sort of funny - for a little while. She'd point, throw a sign (drink being the most common), and expect whoever was close, to get it for her. It was really pretty funny until it became more of a demand. Nothing like having a one year old make demands. I don't really remember Marcel being all that demanding but then I guess it has been a while since we had a toddler in the house. The time goes too damn fast.

I still can't believe Marcel is ten. He's started to notice girls. I think I should be scared. I remember how sneaky I got around his age but I'm still having a hard time imagining my kiddo being sneaky. Now I'm not one of those "not my kid" parents but I know that, generally speaking, he's one of the best behaved kids I know. I'd like to think that Marlana and I had a lot to do with that but I honestly think Marcel is just one of those naturally kind and easygoing souls. We'll see once the hormones kick in...

We keep putting off sitting him down for the talk but I think it's imminent now. Sometime very soon in the near future we'll have to openly discuss sex with our son. I'm still a little weirded out by it. So much so, I think I'll change the subject.

I've been reading a lot of roleplaying books lately. GURPS 4th edition, Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition as well as an oldie that's close to my gaming heart - Palladium Fantasy. Back when I first met Oscar and John I ran a game for them and my brother using this system for nearly two years. This was, of course, before I nearly twisted their arms into switching to GURPS third edition. We had a lot of really great moments sitting at my dad's dining room table tossing dice playing that system. It was only in second edition at the time so that's what I decided to run again. This time there's no John and I don't think I'll ever convince my brother to game again so we wrangled up Anthony. I managed to grab up eight of the world books for twenty three dollars. Gotta love eBay. I forgot just how simple a system it really is. There's a lot to be wanted for a system as simple and downright clunky at times as this but it is fun. Honestly, I'm not sure I would enjoy it as much if it wasn't for the fuzzy nostalgic feeling that comes with it. I've become quite the gaming snob when it comes to gaming and almost always prefer GURPS. Now that I've been gaming more regularly, I've really got the itch to GM more often. I might actually finish some of those demos I started to sketch out.

Well, I'm off to read some comics for now. Oscar and Anthony gave me a crap ton to read last time they were here and I'm tired of them bitching at me for not reading them. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment