Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Out and About

sortingbooks01
bigsam07
So we spent this last weekend doing a lot of running around. It's always nice to get away, just the four of us. It really started I think with Lana wanting to get out and do something. I suggested Galaxy Drive-In so it was off we went on Friday. We ended up seeing Madagascar - Escape 2 Africa. It was followed by that damn talking chihuahua movie so we bugged out pretty early in the movie. Just a suggestion to anyone who chooses to go to a drive-in: eat before you get there. I think we all had a stomach ache from the food. Next time we'll definitely leave early and eat at Bubba's Bar-B-Q Steakhouse again, we were just running a bit late after having stopping to visit Big Sam. We ended up staying in the car for the movie since I didn't look up how to turn off the running lights on the truck. Next time we'll do it right. The rear hatch open with the back seats laid back, some blankets and pillows tossed in the back, and everyone curled up under the stars watching the movie. The drive home was really nice with the stars out. It reminded me of the many long drives on the road when I was a kid watching the stars from the back seat while my dad chewed away on sunflower seeds. Lana and me talked most of the time until she fell prey to the sleepies. So I jammed to Johnny Cash the rest of way back. I hummed along quietly, cause you know, I don't sing to the radio. ;)

We didn't get much sleep since Saturday was our annual neighborhood garage sale day. We made some damn good scores too. I got a dovetail jig for two dollars and over a dozen table saw blades, including a few dados, for five. Lana found an awesome gliding chair for the soon-to-be reading room, Marcel found some Beyblades, an arena thing for them, and an awesome keyboard still in the box. I think I've played with it more than he has so far. It's very cool and I've already queued up some library books on learning to play it. I didn't score the BMX I was looking for, but it was still fun.

To say the least, laundry, dishes, office work, all got a back burner last weekend. It was really really nice. All weekends should be more like that. :)

Well, I'm off to finish up the laundry. Later!

bigsam05
aroundtheyard05
playinginyard02

No comments:

Post a Comment