Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holy Cold Day in Hell Batman!

snowinnewport53v01
Yesterday, late in the afternoon, Lana comes in to tell me it's snowing. I look out side and see that yes it is but I don't get my hopes up in Houston of it actually sticking. The last time it "snowed" in Houston it was really just glorified sleet and made nasty slush everywhere. Not what I remember as being snow, growing up some in Colorado. You can't really make a snow fort with you little brother out of icy slush. So I headed out to Wally World for some much needed stuff (dog food, bread, the Dark Knight DVD, etc.) and made a few playful jabs on Twitter about Houston never getting real snow. On our way out of the store I noticed that, "Holy cold day in Hell Batman!" (to quote Lana), it's started to stick. I'll confess I got a little giddy but I still wasn't going to get my hopes up. By the time we got home we noticed our neighborhood had a lovely blanket of white and our neighbors were out. After putting the truck in the garage, we made a bee line for the front yard and commenced to having our own snow day. While it may not have been the knee high trudging snow I remember playing in with my brother, it was really nice to watch the kids play in the snow. Marcel threw down a snow angel or two, Olivia ran straight for the sludge to play in and loved falling over in the snow, and Lana got Marcel good by coaxing him under a snow loaded tree. We even made a snowman. It was really nice, the four of us, playing in the snow in our front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment