Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, February 23, 2009

Flyin' High

rcplaneday2009feb22_003
rcplaneday2009feb22_010v01
rcplaneday2009feb22_014
It was a really busy, but fun, weekend. We ended up playing poker with friends on Friday night. It was good to belly up to the poker tables again. It's been a long time. I think next time we're gonna shoot for a small cash game. I ended up not doing so hot but I did make the money on the second game. We ended up visiting pretty late into the early morning hours but it's always worth it despite an early morning schedule starting at the vet's office.

I took the Sally and Stitch to the vet for their follow up appointment. All is well and I'm very pleased with my dogs behavior in public. Sally's pretty good on the leash and Stitch is good once he stops trying to meet everyone. Damn rat dogs are always little terrors in the vet office and they make Sally nervous but she was well behaved despite it.

It was a little weird not having to wrestle three dogs in the office since Bree is back with her original family now. We just decided it was time. Sally was originally a house dog. Then came dog after dog after dog. So they all went outside in the backyard. Then Bree and Stitch began eating the fence. They worked as a team. Stitch would start the hole with his small self and Bree would muscle it open the rest of the way. Sally would tag along if she could fit through their handy work. It was fixing the fence for the umpteenth time that finally did it. Allison was happy to welcome Bree back and Helen finally took her Stitch home. It's a little weird I'll admit and I do miss them. I won't miss patching my fence. I won't miss buying fifty pound bags of dog food every few weeks. All said though, they went to loving homes where they'll get more attention then we could provide them. Hell, even Magnus found a home over the weekend! Yup, he's now with a loving family and no longer left to live in the office all by his lonesome. So now Sally is back in the house as we always intended and she couldn't be happier. We're glad to have her back in the house even if it does mean one more butt to wrestle out of my spot on the couch.

And to make it all the more better, we got to see a bunch of RC planes fly on Sunday! A friend of ours from our poker game flies RC planes and invited us out to watch. So we loaded up the kiddos and enjoyed the day together. I'm sure Lana knows me all to well to know that I'm already scheming up a plan for a plane. I'm not sure when it'll happen though, being that my camera takes top priority these days over Daddy Toys (blu-ray player, new computer monitor, laptop, air brush, etc.)

Speaking of Daddy Toys, I finally ordered my Canon EF 28-200mm lens!!! After emptying my Laundry tip jar again and selling off some more random crap laying around the garage, I finally had enough for it. Lana padded the small bit I didn't have from her Passion Parties account. I'ma lucky man in many, many, ways.

I'm super hyped about it and can't wait to snap it on. It should be here soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment