Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gone Fishin!

gonefishing11
gonefishing14
With 'Livie hanging on my hip telling me "No" for the umpteenth time that day, I answered my cell phone yesterday to find Roy on the other end. He was bored and wanted to know if he could stop by for a visit. I glanced around the house and took a quick assessment of what I'd need to pick up, and glanced down at my clothes. 'Livie uses me as a napkin under the guise of kisses these days but I could change clothes quickly.

So I said, "Sure, no prob. Around when you heading out?"
"Good cause I just turned in yur neighborhood."

I know some folks may think, "who cares what your wearing?" and the simple answer is I do. When I'm bumping around my house cleaning, changing diapers all day, doing dishes and folding laundry there's usually little room for things like clean clothes of my own. My shirt will usually tell you what I've been doing that day and what 'Livie has eaten for the past two or three meals. So I changed clothes real fast threw toys in the general direction of the toy box and ran out the the gate to greet him after I messaged Lana on IM to let her know we had company.

We sat on the porch for a while just BS'in when Roy purposed a fishing trip. I loved the idea immediately. He took off to grab his stuff and I went off to try and get Lana to go with me. She decided to take the time to finish the series of books she'd been devouring and stay home with the little girl.

After grabbing Marcel a little early from school and tossing our fishing pools in the truck, we headed out to grab a few supplies and met Roy at Lake Houston.

It was Marcel's first fishing trip and he learned how to cast and hook his own bait. I think he enjoyed hooking the minnows more than anything. We didn't catch anything the four hours we were out there but we had fun. I can't wait to do it again but this time with the whole family.

I have a lot of fond memories of fishing with my dad and brother. It's something I really want to do more often. We had some pretty good adventures motoring, sometimes paddling, around in my dad's boat.

I'm looking forward to more fishing this summer. :)

At Roy's request, I photoshoped his fish into something a little more impressive!
gonefishing07a_1gonefishing07


Oh, just a fast note: A friend of ours is asking for sponsors for her March of Dimes event that's taking place in just a few days so click the link below donate a little bit. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment