Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, May 4, 2009

Game On!

roundtheyard_05
I've finally got my damn RPGA number. It's been hell getting it but I'm finally an RPGA member. Okay, maybe hell is a bit of an exhilaration but it has been a bit difficult. Back in February I went to Owlcon with the intention of getting my number immediately - cause you know that's how it usually works. Well, the guy in charge of the events told me he couldn't find his cards at home but not to worry. All I had to do was play my scheduled events, put my contact info on the forms as I played, and I would get my number in my email. You can guess where this is leading to. To make a long story short, I waited and never got a number. After exercising a lot of patience (two months) I emailed him with no response, emailed the Owlcon convention coordinator (who rocks by the way), and even tried contacting him through the local yahoo RPGA group. No dice. Not once did I get a single response from him.

So after some good advice on the board, I contacted the RPGA directly, I told them my sad story, and twenty four hours later I had my number in my email box!! Three months later than I planned but I'm back on track for running some Dungeons & Dragons fourth edition. The next step is to pass the GM Herald test. I can almost hear some of you snickering from here. I'm well aware of the level of over powering nerdiness this reeks of. I'm okay with this though so blow me.

It's been a lot of reading around here lately. I just finished reading Twilight and New Moon, I've been reading all the D&D core rulebooks again, and I've been devouring photography books from the library. Now I can add the Mutants & Masterminds corebooks to that list too.

crosbypark_52Oscar and I were chatting the last week and he mentioned him and some coworkers were gonna game this weekend. He wanted to know if I was interested in joining them and I jumped at the chance to do some gaming.

I had a blast even though I had only a rough idea how to play the system. I knew things were off to a good start when I stepped out of my car to meet Josh and he immediately recognized the song I was listening to as a Sepultura track. We went through the usual Geek Ritual of Greeting that leads to Throwing of the Dice, otherwise known as roleplaying. There was sci-fi/comic movie talk, we talked about comics, some techie talk about Blu-Ray versus on demand streaming, iPhones and dice-rolling apps, etc. You get the point. Overall I had a great time and everyone seemed to click well. Plans are for a weekly game!

It's nearly time for me to start cooking dinner now so I'll log out for now. Then it's back to reading all night. Maybe I'll watch one of my Blockbuster movies. With Lana out in Santa Barbara for her yearly Passion Parties Million Dollar Team Trip it's really weird in the house at night. Well, off to scratch out some dinner!

Quick Note: Has anyone been having trouble with the scripting here? My dad said he was having trouble with just my page randomly tossing forced popups duplicating my page. Weird. Lemme know if he's not alone and I'll get around to figuring out if it's a problem on my end. I suspect it's a spyware thing though. If all else fails, I blame Internet Explore. It's time to get a real browser Dad! Firefox!!!

2 comments:

  1. Came across your blog from Rebel Dad! I enjoyed reading your last post and profile description because I'm orignially from Baytown, TX! It's nice to see and find someone who knows all about the TX backroads!

    BTW, I read Twilight and almost done with New Moon! Love 'Em! FYI, I'd love to add you to the blog roll at Label Daddy!

    Have a great week!

    -Sara
    The Label Daddy Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice to hear from someone from the 'hood!

    You are more than welcome to add me to you blog roll. Unfortunately I can't see your blog though, since it's not shared out. Add away, if you're down with it, send me a blog reader invite!

    Thanks for the blog link!

    --Alex

    ReplyDelete