Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, June 22, 2009

My Daddy Day

fathersday2009_39
My Father's Day started with the banging on my door followed quickly by the doorbell. I laid there in bed half-asleep and thought to myself,

"Fuck who ever's at my door. Knockin on my door like the damn police..."


Turns out, it was the police. I wonder if police knock like assholes when they go to visit their friends. Anyway, Lana answered the door and was informed by the officer that one of our trees fell over the street. It was blocking the whole street. I always worried that tree would fall over and I knew it was really just a matter of time but I really hoped it wouldn't do it anytime soon. The city, the officer said, would take care of it up to our property line. I would have to take care of the broken fence of course and the remainder of the tree. Great way to start Father's Day huh? I did get an awesome Happy Daddy's Day poster made by my kiddos and Lana that Livie promptly dismantled.

fathersday2009_36fathersday2009_76We headed out to Galveston for some beach time with some family and all got a little burnt. It was a great day for it too, being that it was scorching hot. Marcel spent most of the time in the water and Livie enjoyed making everyone chase after her. We spent the day soaking in the beach.

I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to be so fortunate. I have an incredible wife and my kids are healthy, beautiful, and smart. I can't imagine my life without my children in it. I firmly believe that to live life without ever having experienced parenthood is to not truly live. There is no greater joy in this world than to know that you are loved by your children. It's the greatest experience anyone can ever take on. Children open up depths of emotions you never knew you were capable of. I know it's called Father's Day but honestly it always makes me feel a little selfish. To think that I'm the one they're grateful for when my wife and kids are the ones who've given me more than I can ever repay.

To say it was a wonderful day, would be a gross understatement. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment