Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A New Path

marcel_schoolawards01
barn_feedingdaniel01
With Marcel now out of school, it's offically Summer. I'm always eager to have him home for the summer. He's getting so damn big far too fast. It's become even more apparent recently. He's getting so tall, the young man he's growing into is starting to peak out of his boyish features. It's a little scary, sad, and exciting all at the same time. He's got a regular girlfriend at school that he talks to pretty regularly on the home phone and has inadvertently learned how to roll his eyes. There are moments he thoroughly frustrates the hell at me and then there are those that I just want to hug him forever. Crazy. Sorry if I seem a little sappy tonight but I just can't get over how fast this time goes by.

With summer here finally I'm hoping for plenty of outdoor stuff to do. I got a few things planned this summer but the big thing is I want to be in shape to enjoy them all. I'm tired of carrying around the spare tire. I don't want to be the short fat guy. I can't do anything about being short but I sure as hell can do something about the fat part. I didn't realize I had such a dunlap until an unfortunate photo captured it in all it's glory. It was enough for me to make a decision.

I've began to seriously hit the weights. With that I've started to be more aware of what I'm eating. That isn't to say I've started to count calories, but I've just decided to take more responsibility for the food I choose to eat. No more junk food and heavy sweets. I figure if I can cut the sugar dredged cokes and heavily caffeinated drinks out of my diet, I can cut out the rest of the junk food and reduce them to the occasional treat in moderation. With all of us in the house making a group effort to eat healthier I think it'll be a lot easier.

This time around I'm trying for a different method of weight training. Every time I've decided to weight train before, it's always been with more of a bodybuilding training plan. Isolated muscle workouts, medium to low weights and somewhat higher reps. The only problem with this method is that it requires (or allows) you to workout almost everyday. I eventually burned out and just didn't want to bother with working out almost every day.

barn_playininroad12So this time I'm going for more of a power lifting training program where the focus is more on building bulk and strength. The workouts are shorter, the weights are heavier, and the workout I've chosen uses almost primarily all compound exercises. I'm shooting for a body fat percentage of around 18 or lower by the time Summer is over. I have to say, I'm super excited about it. Lana's been lifting with me and next workout we're going to start Marcel on a training session to get him familiar with proper form. Man, it's going to be awesome.

I want to be healthy. I think with a little self discipline I can kick the bad eating habits just like I did the smokes. I'm going to try and track my progress. We'll see about that. Right now I just want to get in the habit of lifting regularly. I don't see that as a problem though being that I feel so damn good after a good workout. Plus I like to think that as an older me I'm more disciplined then I was ten years ago and want it more than I did before.

Well, it's been a long day and I'm wiped out. I got a busy day of roleplaying Mutants & Masterminds ahead of me tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment