Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekend Distractions

poolnewport06
So we've been a little busy but nothing to crazy. Lana went off to Washington for a Passion Parties Business seminar meeting thing and I stayed home to hold down the fort. We went for a dip in the pool on Friday where I had to drag Olivia out of the pool. Yeah, terrible two's are here. I was the daddy dragging his kid from the pool trying to reason with a toddler in the middle of a full blown temper tantrum. Marcel walked a safe distance ahead of me pretending he didn't come with us. I can't say I blame him. We must have been pretty funny to see though.

Saturday I ended up taking the kids to the drive-in, not wanting to sit at home. It never feels right in the house without Lana so I look for distractions to keep myself busy. A nice drive to Galaxy sounded just awesome.

I let Marcel pick the movie and he picked well. Despite neither of us having any real interest in Imagine That, we decided it was worth it to see Up at the drive-in. I was happy we made it on time considering it was a spur of the moment decision to go.

drivein_01We got really lucky and got a great parking spot despite getting there on a Saturday just twenty minutes before sunset. To make it even better, I did a little fuse experimenting before leaving and found the right fuse to kill my running board lights! So we enjoyed the movies with the back of the hatch popped open, blankets and pillows tossed in the back and an adjusting tension knot to keep my hatch from opening all the way. So I got to lounge in the back of the truck with my kids like my dad did with me, watching movies at the drive-in. It was killer hot when we first got there but as the night went on we got a pretty steady breeze coming through the windows, the temperature dropped, and we even turned the car on for a while to enjoy Up with surround sound. 'Livie fell asleep, taking up half the truck, trying to stay awake during Up. I'll have to take her to an early bird show so she can watch the whole thing.

Marcel stayed awake almost the entire time on the way home. We listened to music the whole way there and back, talking now and then. I have to admit, it scares me a little to think of him getting older. Is it selfish for me to want to keep my kids at home near me?? I sometimes feel like the clock is ticking. I want to make sure he knows how much I care about him - before the crazy hormones of Teenager Marcel take over. I remember all too clearly how much of a terror I was for my own parents and I cringe. Kids can be mean sometimes but teenagers can be vindictive. I guess it's my way of armoring up for what may come.

I've sapped on long enough. Anyway, time to lift weights and then probably take the kids to the park before it gets too late.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment