Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Little Tooo Quiet...

funatnight01It's been a crazy few weeks. Donald is making amazing progress. They're now talking discharge in the next few days so we're all breathing a little easier.

Lana's been at the hospital throughout nearly the entire ordeal and I have to admit I'm selfishly looking forward to having her home again. I've never really been much of a extrovert but I have found it's been too quiet at the house lately with just me and the little girl. Marcel's been at his grandma's for the past week so I've been left to talking to Livie and the TV. Like most typical little girls, she doesn't really care what I have to say so long as I work "da mote" for her now and then, keep her feed with a fresh diaper, and nod yes or no when she asks me a question. At least when I was talking to my brother's bird rocko, he listened. Don't argue, just go with it.

neighborhoodwalk_02So with Don getting ready to come home, we're all shifting gears a little. I'm eagerly awaiting everyone coming home. It'll be nice. Marcel jumping over the furniture after I've warned him not to, Lana coming down for a refill of tea and a kiss while she talks on her bluetooth, and Livie bullying everyone to give her "dat" cause "it miiiiine, not yurs". I love it.

I think I'll take a busy house of cleaning up after everyone all day to an empty house with nothing to do any day. Crazy I know, and I may disagree later but right now I just want my little clan back home.

Well, I'm off to make me a plate of meatloaf. Yup, I cooked meatloaf. I've realized that somewhere along the way I've learned how to cook for myself without always relying on a box of hamburger helper or macaroni and cheese. I can't take all the credit though. I think Lana subliminally implanted the urge to cook for myself now and then while I slept. Knowing how to cook for yourself is quite a good skill to have. It's even better than having mad nunchucks skills. Lana tolerates me bugging her for her recipes.

"I don't really measure. Just grab a bit and throw it in until it tastes right."


I'm no chef but my food is eatable and I've not gotten sick once.

Time to eat and watch some CSI while I fold today's laundry. I might even squeeze a shower in there if Livie keeps napping after our hour long walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment