Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Spirit

jessejonespark29Halloween has yet again snuck up on us. Honestly, I've been very disgruntled this year about Halloween. I know I shouldn't still be so bothered some asshole would sink so low as to steal something me and my family built together, but I have. I miss my reaper. More than missing my reaper though, I miss feeling that my home and the things I place in my yard are safe from losers with no sense of morals. I really hate feeling that way but there it is still. So I've decided to not put out my pimp headstones. I might change my mind later and just put them out a few nights before Halloween but as of right this very moment they're staying in the garage. Blaaah.

halloween2009_08What really sucks about feeling like this is that I really absotively love Halloween. I love making stuff and Halloween is such an awesome outlet to really just have fun. So despite feeling upset every time I look at my unfinished reaper or headstones, I decided to make Marcel's costume this year. He decided to go as The Blue Spirit from Avatar The Last Airbender. Thankfully it's a pretty simple costume. The most difficult part is going to be the mask I think and I've already got that sculpted out. Next will be to make the mold the evening, cut out the swords, and shop for the black outfit. I think I can get it done in time but since I put off waiting so long I doubt I'll have time to do anything for myself or Lana. I'm sure with the boxes of costumes and props we can toss something together.



But it hasn't been all gloom for me. After lifting weights for the past four months regularly (I took about a month off when Don was staying with us) I'm finally seeing some real progress. It's little things like seeing definition in my shoulders, noticing my pecs are a little thicker and my arms just ever so slightly bigger. The big thing for me has been no more gut!! My belly no longer hangs over my belt! After some gentle nudges from Lana, we went shopping for jeans since all of my jeans were at different stages of decay. I've dropped four whole pant sizes. The last time I wore pants this size I was in the Army fresh out of AIT. It's definitely renewed my vigor for staying on task with my weight-lifting. I've even started a regular jogging routine and feeling pretty damn good about it. Sally and I head out just after Marcel is off to school. It's a two mile jaunt through the neighborhood. It's not exactly a thirteen minute two mile run I did in the Army but it's a start. Most importantly, I feel great about it.

Well, off to fold some laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment