Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lazy Sunday

johnathanbdayparty10_04wavepool24_1It's official. Marcel was walking by me in the other day, brushing past me in the living room, when I noticed it for the first time. I had a basket of clean clothes and the little girl was trying to bully me into put on "Toot and Pudds Dad EEEEE!!!" but there was no mistaking it. He's now taller than me. I knew the day would come but I don't think you're ever really prepared to look up to your son. I'm not a tall guy by any stretch, standing at 5'4", but he's only 11 damn it. I think I still got the Daddy Battle Aura though. You know, that thing that allows all fathers to tower over their children at critical moments. Everyone probably has that moment in life when they say, "I could have sworn he was taller than that..." I call it the Daddy Battle Aura. It's a 15 point Advantage.

I can't believe he's growing up so damn fast. His face is losing that "kid" look. I see a teenager looking back at me sometimes and I know what fear is. He hits my pull-up bar often and his shoulders show those subtle cut lines and I can see hints of abs that want out when he stretches. Man, I am not looking forward to having an angry teenager with raging hormones who towers over me and can bench me.

johnathanbdayparty10_07We've been keeping pretty busy around here. Between birthday parties, Passion Parties, and Roleplaying with the guys it's been hard to make free time to post. I think I'm gonna try to make more of an effort to post a little more than once a month but no promises. The thing is, every time I sit down at the computer I usually end up loading up Indesign or GURPS Character Assistant. I've got my hands full when it comes to gaming projects lately. Between running an awesome game of Heroes Die GURPS-style, preparing a Shadowrun GURPS conversion, helping Oscar convert Furies of Calderon books to GURPS, and finishing up my new GURPS GM quick sheets 4th edition, my computer time is packed with gaming goodness. That's not mentioning the reading and character updating for The World of Darkness or the Rogue Trader game I'm in. I'm pretty darn happy about the quality and quantity of gaming I've been doing lately. It wasn't that long ago I was grasping at any hope to roleplay, no matter how unlikely.

I'm out for now. I got a list full of stuff I should be doing (dishes, laundry, lawn work, running CAT5, etc.) so I'm gonna go procrastinate somewhere else. Txt's have been flying and it looks like Munchkin or Zombies!!! with friends. :D

2 comments:

  1. It should also be noted that Alex lost spectacularly to me at Star Munchkins...

    I believe you were the lowest level when the game ended..humm?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I needed was one more round!! Besides, I didn't have someone giving me treasure hand over fist!! :D

    I'm ready for a rematch whenever you guys are!

    ReplyDelete